2017 Intravenous Medications, A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals
Safely and effectively administer more than 400 intravenous drugs with the expert guidance of this #1 IV drug handbook! Now in its 33rd edition,Gahart's 2017 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals continues to be a trusted resource its accuracy, quick-reference format, and comprehensive coverage of IV drugs. Each drug monograph includes the drug's generic name, trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses, contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote. It's all of the information you will need for the safe administration of IV drugs - nothing more and nothing less.
- UNIQUE! Annual publication ensures that information includes the most recently approved IV drugs, as well as updated information on existing drugs.
- 40-year history of impeccable accuracy reinforces the importance of safe IV drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested, easy-to-use page layout keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Black Box Warnings and key content are highlighted to make locating key information fast and easy.
- Special circumstances highlighted in blue-screened text call attention to important circumstances that may not warrant black box warnings.
- Convenient, alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Age-specific dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
New to this Edition
- NEW! 15 new drug monographs provide current, clinically relevant drug information for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA.
- NEW! Updated drug monographs throughout reflect the latest changes in IV drug therapy.
- NEW! Do Not Confuse With information is added at the top of each applicable monograph to enhance medication safety, and the Evolve companion website includes a link to the ISMP list of Do Not Confuse drug names.
- NEW! Reorganized drug side effects reflect the latest information on frequency, seriousness, and other important considerations.
- NEW! Alphabetical thumb tabs on the left-hand pages make it easier to look up drug monographs.
Cărți noi - INTERNAL MEDICINE
Categorii de carte+-