A Comprehensive Guide to Rehabilitation of the Older Patient
This book will help all health professionals involved in the rehabilitation of older people to provide their patients with the highest possible quality of life and autonomy.
Expanded and rewritten by a diverse team of authors the text is suitable for doctors in all specialties that see older patients as well as nurses physiotherapists occupational therapists psychologists dietitians speech and language therapists/pathologists physician associates/assistants healthcare assistants and many others including patients family members and students.
The book is written in an accessible no-jargon style and provides a patient-centred perspective on recent advances in the field of rehabilitation – an increasingly important aspect of care for older people.
New to this edition
- Aimed at a broader audience – applicable to all health professionals who see older patients
- Resources for patients and their caregivers
- Multiple-choice questions to test knowledge
- Clear explanations of relevant concepts: ageing, frailty, comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation
- Broad coverage of all aspects of rehabilitation including different settings
- Explanations of input from multiple health professionals
- Problem-based section that highlights solutions to common issues during rehabilitation
- Specialty-specific areas of rehabilitation such as stroke rehabilitation, cancer rehabilitation, post-operative rehabilitation, trauma, rehabilitation in the community
- Practical section explaining how to plan discharge safely, run a care planning meeting, organize home supports, continue rehabilitation at home
- Evidence-based but accessible writing, complemented by practical clinical wisdom
GERIATRICS - Cele mai vândute cărți
Categorii de carte+-
- 292,95 lei325,50 lei (-10%)
- 822,15 lei913,50 lei (-10%)
- 2677,50 lei3150,00 lei (-15%)