A Guide to the Scientific Career: Virtues, Communication, Research, and Academic Writing
A concise, easy-to-read source of essential tips and skills for writing research papers and career management
In order to be truly successful in the biomedical professions, one must have excellent communication skills and networking abilities. Of equal importance is the possession of sufficient clinical knowledge, as well as a proficiency in conducting research and writing scientific papers. This unique and important book provides medical students and residents with the most commonly encountered topics in the academic and professional lifestyle, teaching them all of the practical nuances that are often only learned through experience.
Written by a team of experienced professionals to help guide younger researchers, A Guide to the Scientific Career: Virtues, Communication, Research and Academic Writing features ten sections composed of seventy-four chapters that cover: qualities of research scientists; career satisfaction and its determinants; publishing in academic medicine; assessing a researcher’s scientific productivity and scholarly impact; manners in academics; communication skills; essence of collaborative research; dealing with manipulative people; writing and scientific misconduct: ethical and legal aspects; plagiarism; research regulations, proposals, grants, and practice; publication and resources; tips on writing every type of paper and report; and much more.
- An easy-to-read source of essential tips and skills for scientific research
- Emphasizes good communication skills, sound clinical judgment, knowledge of research methodology, and good writing skills
- Offers comprehensive guidelines that address every aspect of the medical student/resident academic and professional lifestyle
- Combines elements of a career-management guide and publication guide in one comprehensive reference source
- Includes selected personal stories by great researchers, fascinating writers, inspiring mentors, and extraordinary clinicians/scientists
A Guide to the Scientific Career: Virtues, Communication, Research and Academic Writing is an excellent interdisciplinary text that will appeal to all medical students and scientists who seek to improve their writing and communication skills in order to make the most of their chosen career.
Cărți noi - LIFE SCIENCES
Categorii de carte+-
- 309,23 lei325,50 lei (-5%)
- Moss & Adams' Heart Disease in infants, Children, and Adolescents Including the Fetus and Young Adult1428,00 lei1680,00 lei (-15%)
- 714,00 lei840,00 lei (-15%)