Aids to the Examination of the Peripheral Nervous System
For more than 80 years this unique short atlas has been the go-to guide to the examination of patients with lesions of the peripheral nerves and nerve roots – appreciated by generations of students and experienced practitioners alike.
First published in its original form in 1943 and updated in its sixth edition by highly respected author Michael O’Brien, this book is the perfect companion for all those involved or caring for patients with peripheral nerve injuries and other neuromuscular disorders. It covers mononeuropathies, peripheral nerve lesions, examination techniques and anatomy of the peripheral nervous system, all illustrated with excellent diagrams and high-quality photographs.
Aids to the Examination of the Peripheral Nervous System now comes with the complete electronic version for the first time, for easy anytime, anywhere access.
New to this edition
- Updated to reflect latest changes in nomenclature
- New diagrams and illustrations, including of the spine and spinal nerve roots, male inguinal region and female perineum
- Summary table of the common compression and entrapment mononeuropathies, with sites now indicated on the nerve diagrams
- Access to the complete, enhanced eBook version – makes quick reference easier than ever for busy students and practitioners
- Illustrated with exceptionally clear photographs, accompanied by simple anatomical diagrams to aid comprehension
- Useful tables of the innervation of muscles and the muscle and cutaneous distribution of peripheral nerves