Anatomy - An Essential Textbook
Third edition of acclaimed, richly illustrated textbook is the definitive resource for learning challenging anatomy!
While the relevance of anatomy to medical diagnosis and treatment continually evolves, anatomical knowledge will always be instrumental to effective treatment of patients. Building on the tradition of the highly acclaimed prior editions, Anatomy: An Essential Textbook, Third Edition by Anne M. Gilroy features new learning components that leverage the Thieme companion, Atlas of Anatomy, Fourth Edition. Concise, bulleted text paired with large, detailed anatomic figures enhance visual learning and retention of knowledge.
Organized by eight units, the book starts with basic concepts and a general overview of anatomic systems. Subsequent units focused on regional anatomy cover the Back, Thorax, Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region, Pelvis and Perineum, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, and Head and Neck. Each unit includes a chapter on the practical application of regional imaging and extensive question sets with detailed explanations. A new ordering of chapters now mirrors the revised organization of the Atlas and sequence of dissections in most gross anatomy programs.
- More than 100 new images, updated illustrations, and revised versions of all autonomic schematics enhance understanding of anatomy
- New topics in clinical and developmental anatomy addressed throughout include clinically important vascular anastomoses, spinal cord development, and common anatomic anomalies
- Matching colored side tabs allow quick access to similar units in both books
- Over 50 of the new and previously included clinical and developmental correlations now feature descriptive images, radiographs, or schematics
- Self-testing sections in each unit have been expanded with over 40 new USMLE-style question sets with detailed explanations
This is the quintessential resource for medical students to build anatomy knowledge and confidence as they progress in their medical careers.