Get a multi-dimensional understanding of musculoskeletal anatomy with Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual Therapists and Movement Professionals, 4th Edition. This hugely successful, one-of-a-kind title continues to center on the application of anatomy trains across a variety of clinical assessment and treatment approaches - demonstrating how painful problems in one area of the body can be linked to a "silent area" away from the problem, and ultimately giving rise to new treatment strategies. This new fourth edition has been fully updated with the latest evidence-based research and includes new coverage of anatomy trains in motion using Pilates-evolved movement, anatomy trains in horses and dogs, and the updated fascial compendium on elements, properties, neurology, and origins of the fascial system. This new edition also features an enhanced eBook format included with purchase as well as new photos and images throughout both text versions. In all, this unique exploration of the role of fascial in healthy movement and postural distortion is an essential read for physical therapists, massage therapists, craniosacral therapists, yoga instructors, osteopathologists, manual therapists, athletic and personal trainers, dance instructors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and any professional working in the field of movement.
- A revolutionary approach to the study of human anatomy provides a holistic map of myoanatomy to help improve the outcomes of physical therapies that are traditionally used to manage pain and other musculoskeletal disorders.
- Relevant theory descriptions are applied to all common types of movement, posture analysis, and physical treatment modalities.
- Intuitive content organization has been designed to help you reference a concept quickly or gain a more detailed understanding of any given area according to your need.
- Section on myofascial force transmission in gait dynamics is written by guest author James Earls.
- Robust appendices discuss the relevance of the Anatomy Trains concept to the work of Dr Louis Schultz (Meridians of Latitude), Ida Rolf (Structural Integration) and correspondences with acupuncture meridians.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Revised and expanded content throughout the text reflects the most up-to-date research and latest evidence for the scientific basis of common clinical finding.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook format included with purchase offers a new larger library of recent HD videos, including animations and webinars with the author.
- NEW! Section on anatomy trains in motion uses Pilates-evolved movement to explore strength and plasticity along each line by Art of Motion author Karin Gurtner
- NEW! Appendix: The Anatomy Trains in quadrupeds (horses and dogs), mapped for equine and pet therapies by Rikke Schultz and Wibeke Eklund, DVMs
- NEW! Appendix: Updated fascial compendium on elements, properties, neurology, and origins of the fascial system
- NEW! Photos and images of fascial tissues, adhesions, and layers gives you a better understanding of text content.