British National Formulary (BNF) 80
The British National Formulary (BNF) is the first choice for concise medicines information. Trusted by healthcare professionals across the world to support confident decision-making at the point of care.
The new edition (BNF 80) provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines, plus legal and professional guidelines.
Extensive content updates in the BNF 80 edition include:
New monographs on
• Beovu ® [brolucizumab] for neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration
• Cytotect ® [cytomegalovirus immunoglobulin] for prophylaxis of cytomegalovirus infection in patients taking immunosuppressants, particularly transplant recipients
• Mayzent ® [siponimod] for multiple sclerosis [secondary progressive, with active disease]
• Mulpleo ® [lusutrombopag] for thrombocytopenia [in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing invasive procedures]
• Staladex ® [leuprorelin acetate] for prostate cancer
• Zalkya ® [dienogest] for endometriosis
MHRA advice on:
• Etonogestrel (Nexplanon ®) contraceptive implants: new insertion site to reduce rare risk of neurovascular injury and implant migration
• Ondansetron: small increased risk of oral clefts following use in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy
• Ulipristal acetate (Esmya ®): suspension of the licence due to risk of serious liver injury
• Sodium valproate and Valproic acid: updated Pregnancy Prevention Programme
• Tofacitinib (Xeljanz ®): new measures to minimise risk of venous thromboembolism and of serious and fatal infections
• Glucagon [update to age ranges for hypoglycaemia].
• Sodium fluoride [updating dosing for prophylaxis of dental caries].
Updated guidance on Pneumococcal vaccine and Yellow fever vaccine in-line with Public Health England recommendations, management of hypertension and management of impetigo
BNF 80 is an essential book, it provides you with:
- Up-to-date information on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines
- Authoritative, independent guidance on best practice enabling you to select safe and effective medicines
- Information, you know you can trust for quality, reliability and independence
- Everything you need at your fingertips, all in one book
Cărți noi - INTERNAL MEDICINE
Manual de ultrasonografie, Fundamentele efectuarii si interpretarii imaginilor ecografice plus online