Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
The only book to cover physical therapy for dogs, Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy, 2nd Edition provides an understanding of physical therapy techniques and intervention for dogs suffering from debilitating conditions. The book includes four new chapters, hundreds of illustrations that highlight key concepts and procedures, and case studies and specific therapies that can be used as guidelines for the management of clinical patients. Author Darryl Millis offers the perspective of a veterinarian skilled in orthopedics and orthopedic surgery, and co-author David Levine is a respected physical therapist with experience working with both dogs and human patients. By applying the principles of physical therapy described in this unique book, and by viewing therapy and exercise videos on a companion website, you can help dogs achieve a faster and more complete recovery.
"Overall, this book is an extensive text for anyone interested in pursuing canine rehabilitation and physical therapy" Reviewed by: Helen Davies, University of Melbourne on behalf of Australian Veterinary Journal, March 2015
- Invaluable protocols for conservative and postoperative treatment ensure the successful healing of dogs and their return to full mobility.
- Printable medical record forms on the companion website, including client information worksheets, referral forms, orthopedic evaluation forms, and more, can be customized for your veterinary practice.
- Six completely updated chapters on exercising dogs define the basic principles of aquatic and land-based exercise and how they may be applied to dogs, as well as how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" exercises to dogs.
- Numerous chapters on therapeutic modalities, including therapeutic lasers, illustrate how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" modalities to dogs.
- Physical examination chapters offer comprehensive information on orthopedics, neurology, and rehabilitation.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Companion website with 40 narrated video clips of modalities and exercises used by physical therapists demonstrates effective ways to treat various neurologic and musculoskeletal problems in dogs.
- NEW! Fourteen new chapters describe the latest advances in the areas of joint mobilization, rehabilitation of the athletic patient, biomechanics of rehabilitation, therapeutic lasers, and physical therapy for wound care.
Cărți noi - VETERINARY MEDICINE
Categorii de carte+-
- 1134,00 lei1260,00 lei (-10%)
- 304,50 lei336,00 lei (-9,38%)
- 556,50 lei609,00 lei (-8,62%)