Clinical, Biological and Molecular Aspects of COVID-19
- Addresses the current global pandemic and increases understanding of current challenges
- Discusses effects of COVID-19 on individuals with co-morbid diseases and gives insights into potential treatments
- Provides results of cross-sectional survey studies from different COVID-19-impacted communities
- Gives insights which may help us to address future pandemics more effectively
The novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) has caused a serious global pandemic in just eight months. Nearly every country and territory in the world has been affected by the virus. The virulence and infection rate of the virus are profound, and has required extreme social distancing measures across the globe in order to prevent overwhelming the healthcare services and hospitals. COVID-19 appears to have the greatest effects on elderly individuals and those who have co-morbid diseases, such as heart disease, asthma, and diabetes. As the peak begins to slow in many countries, the death rates remain high amidst justified fears of a second wave. A rapid worldwide mobilization has begun to identify effective treatments and develop vaccines.
This new volume will increase readers’ understanding of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic through a series of chapters that address these concerns. Leading experts will discuss the effects of the virus in cases of co-morbidities, new treatment approaches, mental health aspects of the pandemic, and convey the results of survey studies. The book will be an excellent resource for researchers studying virology, metabolic diseases, respiratory disorders, and clinical scientists, physicians, drug companies, and healthcare services and workers.
Categorii de carte+-
- 434,70 leiPRP: 483,00 lei
- 737,10 leiPRP: 819,00 lei
- 567,00 leiPRP: 630,00 lei