Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics
Find everything you need to master tooth preparation, prostheses, and restorations! Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 6th Edition provides a solid foundation in basic science as well as step-by-step guidelines to hundreds of fixed prosthodontic procedures. Using more than 3, 500 high-quality drawings and photographs, this complete reference walks you through each step of patient care, from diagnosis and planning to prosthesis fabrication and follow-up care. Separate sections on planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures make it easier to look up the information you need. This edition covers the latest advances in CAD/CAM technologies and adds new content on minimally invasive prosthodontic procedures through preventive, adhesive, and implant dentistry. From respected prosthodontics educators and clinicians Stephen Rosenstiel, Martin Land, and Robert Walter, this book includes an enhanced eBook free with each new print purchase, featuring a fully searchable version of the entire text.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated and new content includes minimally invasive prosthodontic procedures, tooth preparation for adhesive indirect restorations, implant dentistry and ceramic restorations, clinical photography and digital smile design, risk assessment, and assessment of patients with sleep disorders.
- NEW full-color photos and drawings enhance your understanding of each topic, and show the newest instruments and equipment.
- NEW! Advances in technology are broken down into their underlying principles and then integrated into the text, rather than including a single chapter with step-by-step CAD/CAM procedures that might soon be out of date.
- Illustrated, full-color step-by-step procedures walk you through all the steps of treatment from the beginning to the final treatment result.
- Summary charts provide a quick, at-glance review of specific procedures (such as Class II inlay preparation and ceramic crown preparation), highlighting the indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages, preparation steps, recommended armamentarium, and criteria.
- Prosthodontic Diagnostic Index helps you determine the appropriate treatments for completely edentulous, partially edentulous, and dentate patients, using guidelines and illustrations from the American College of Prosthodontists.
- Text boxes accompany selected illustrations, presenting quick facts and tips relating to techniques or concepts.
- Study questions at the end of each chapter offer an opportunity to test your knowledge and comprehension.
- An enhanced eBook is included with each new print purchase, featuring a fully searchable version of the entire text, images, and more!