The leading text for orthodontic education! With a world-renowned author team led by Dr. William Proffit, Contemporary Orthodontics, 6th Editioncontinues its long tradition of excellence in providing detailed coverage of orthodontic diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment techniques. Key topics include practical applications of computer technology, alternative treatment approaches, the biomechanics of orthodontic appliances, the selection of efficient treatment procedures, and the treatment of complex problems in both children and adults. A wealth of case studies with photographs and illustrations highlight and reinforce key concepts.
- UNIQUE! A clear writing style and logical organization help you more easily understand important and difficult concepts.
- NEW! Now on the Expert Consult platform, the printed textbook comes with an easy-to-access electronic version of the text that includes references linked to PubMed abstracts.
- Comprehensive coverage provides detailed information on diagnosis, treatment planning, and current treatment procedures.
New to this Edition
- NEW and UPDATED! Evidence-based case studies throughout the text reinforce key information to prepare you for the orthodontics portion of the dental boards (which will be case-based starting in 2020), as well as for clinical practice.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Two additional chapters in this edition explore the key topics of Growth Modification in Transverse and Class III Problems and Growth Modification in Class II, Open Bite/Deep Bite, and Multidimensional Problems.