Diagnostic Dermatopathology: A Guide to Ancillary Tests Beyond the H&E
The practice of dermatopathology has evolved from viewing predominantly haematoxylin and eosin (H&E)-stained sections through the microscope to include an array of more specialized tests. These are used as stand-alone tests or in addition to the H&E. Diagnostic Dermatopathology: A Guide to Ancillary Tests Beyond the H&E is a practical guide to the most important of these new diagnostic techniques.
Aside from a brief review of H&E in the Introduction, the focus of the book is on the wide range of more recent ancillary tests commonly used by clinicians, including sections on special stains, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, electron microscopy and molecular testing. Each section describes why each of these tests is performed, how to use them and how to interpret the results they provide.
Abundantly illustrated with colour photographs, diagrams and algorithms Diagnostic Dermatopathology: A Guide to Ancillary Tests Beyond the H&E is packed with practical guidance on commonly-faced diagnostic dilemmas, how the tests described can be used to resolve them and how to avoid pitfalls in the diagnostic process. The book is an essential resource for trainee and practicing dermatopathologists, dermatologists and pathologists seeking an accessible guide to the diagnostic methods which are increasingly important in dermatopathology and which go beyond the H&E.
- Covers the full range of diagnostic tests in dermatopathology, aside from H&E, with a focus on practical clinical information such as how to run the test, when to use it and how to interpret the results
- Includes special stains, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, electron microscopy, molecular testing and point of care tests including potassium hydroxide preparations, mineral oil preparations, and Tzanck smears
- Single author with hand-picked specialist contributors provide a consistent approach to the subject, replete with diagnostic tips and clinical advice based on extensive personal experience
Cărți noi - DERMATOLOGY & COSMETIC SURGERY
Categorii de carte+-
- 756,00 lei840,00 lei (-10%)
- 708,75 lei787,50 lei (-10%)
- 821,10 lei966,00 lei (-15%)