Drug Discovery and Development
Drug Discovery and Development, Third Edition presents up-to-date scientific information for maximizing the ability of a multidisciplinary research team to discover and bring new drugs to the marketplace. It explores many scientific advances in new drug discovery and development for areas such as screening technologies, biotechnology approaches, and evaluation of efficacy and safety of drug candidates through preclinical testing. This book also greatly expands the focus on the clinical pharmacology, regulatory, and business aspects of bringing new drugs to the market and offers coverage of essential topics for companies involved in drug development. Historical perspectives and predicted trends are also provided.
- Highlights emerging scientific fields relevant to drug discovery such as the microbiome, nanotechnology, and cancer immunotherapy; and novel research tools such as CRISPR and DNA-encoded libraries
- Case study detailing the discovery of the anti-cancer drug, lorlatinib
- Venture capitalist commentary on trends and best practices in drug discovery and development
- Comprehensive review of regulations and their impact on drug development, highlighting special populations, orphan drugs, and pharmaceutical compounding
- Multidiscipline functioning of an Academic Research Enterprise, plus a chapter on Ethical Concerns in Research
- Contributions by 70+ experts from industry and academia specialists who developed and are practitioners of the science and business