English for Presentations at International Conferences
Good presentation skills are key to a successful career in academia. This guide provides examples taken from real presentations given both by native and non-native academics covering a wide variety of disciplines.
The easy-to-follow guidelines and tips will teach you how to:
- plan, prepare and practice a well-organized, interesting presentation
- avoid errors in English by using short easy-to-say sentences
- improve your English pronunciation and intonation
- gain confidence, and overcome nerves and embarrassment
- highlight the essential points you want your audience to remember
- attract and retain audience attention
- deal with questions from the audience
- learning from talks on TED
- networking with potential collaborators, professors, fellow researchers
- interacting successfully with non-native audiences
Other books in the series cover: writing research papers; English grammar, usage, and style; academic correspondence; interacting on campus; plus exercises books and a teacher's guide.
Please visit http://www. springer. com/series/13913 for a full list of titles in the series.
Adrian Wallwork is the author of more than 30 ELT and EAP textbooks. He has trained several thousand PhD students and academics from 35 countries to write research papers, prepare presentations, and communicate with editors, referees and fellow researchers.
Categorii de carte+-
- 262,50 lei304,50 lei (-13,79%)
- The Art of Scientific Writing: From Student Reports to Professional Publications in Chemistry and Related Fields147,00 lei231,00 lei (-36,36%)
- 1260,00 lei1680,00 lei (-25%)