Fundamentals of Microbiology
Give students more learning tools for less cost! Bundle the printed text with Navigate 2 Advantage Access for Fundamentals of Microbiology, Tenth Edition which unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook with interactive animations, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools, FOR LESS THAN THE BOOK ALONE. Click here to learn more.
The Tenth Edition of Jeffrey Pommerville's best-selling, award-winning classic text Fundamentals of Microbiology provides nursing and allied health students with a firm foundation in microbiology. Updated to reflect the Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Microbiology as recommended by the American Society for Microbiology, the fully revised tenth edition includes all-new pedagogical features and the most current research data. This edition incorporates updates on infectious disease and the human microbiome, a revised discussion of the immune system, and an expanded Learning Design Concept feature that challenges students to develop critical-thinking skills.
Accesible enough for introductory students and comprehensive enough for more advanced learners, Fundamentals of Microbiology encourages students to synthesize information, think deeply, and develop a broad toolset for analysis and research. Real-life examples, actual published experiments, and engaging figures and tables ensure student success. The texts's design allows students to self-evaluate and build a solid platform of investigative skills. Enjoyable, lively, and challenging, Fundamentals of Microbiology is an essential text for students in the health sciences.
New to the fully revised and updated Tenth Edition:
- New Investigating the Microbial World feature in each chapter encourages students to participate in the scientific investigation process and challenges them to apply the process of science and quantitative reasoning through related actual experiments.
- All-new or updated discussions of the human microbiome, infectious diseases, the immune system, and evolution
- Redesigned and updated figures and tables increase clarity and student understanding
- Includes new and revised critical thinking exercises included in the end-of-chapter material
- Incorporates updated and new MicroFocus and MicroInquiry boxes, and Textbook Cases
- The Companion Website includes a wealth of study aids and learning tools, including new interactive animations
Features & Benefits
- Updated to reflect the Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Microbiology as recommended by the American Society of Microbiology
- Expanded and updated pedagogical features throughout
- Chapter Challenges and objectives emphasize key concepts and promote material absorption
- Study Smart notes help ensure student success
- Accompanied by a full suite of instructor resources, including PowerPoint Lecture Outlines, PowerPoint Image Bank, LMS-ready Test Bank, and a comprehensive Instructor's Manual containing learning objectives and key concepts, teaching points and tips, essay questions, and more
Cărți noi - INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Categorii de carte+-
- 838,95 lei987,00 lei (-15%)
- 420,00 lei
- 136,50 lei
- 838,95 lei987,00 lei (-15%)
- 546,00 lei609,00 lei (-10,34%)
- 178,50 lei210,00 lei (-15%)