Fundamentals of Microbiology: Body Systems
The Bestselling Microbiology Text for Health Science and Nursing Majors Just Got Better!
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources (available to adopting instructors with course ID), and learning analytics reporting tools (available to adopting instructors with course ID).
Click Here to download an informational flyer outlining the many outstanding teaching & learning resources integrated in Navigate 2.
Ideal for health science and nursing students, Fundamentals of Microbiology: Body Systems Edition, Third Edition retains the engaging, student-friendly style and active learning approach for which award-winning author and educator Jeffrey Pommerville is known. Highly suitable for non-science majors, the fully revised and updated third edition of this bestselling text contains new pedagogical elements and an established learning design format that improves comprehension and retention and makes learning more enjoyable. Unlike other texts in the field, Fundamentals of Microbiology: Body Systems Edition takes a global perspective on microbiology and infectious disease, and supports students in self-evaluation and concept absorption. Furthermore, it includes real-life examples to help students understand the significance of a concept and its application in today’s world, whether to their local community or beyond.
New information pertinent to nursing and health sciences has been added, while many figures and tables have been updated, revised, and/or reorganized for clarity. Comprehensive yet accessible, Fundamentals of Microbiology: Body Systems Edition, Third Edition is an essential text for non-science majors in health science and nursing programs taking an introductory microbiology course.
Preview the front matter including, the complete table of contents and The Student Experience, and see why this book is the clear choice for non-science majors in health science and nursing programs. Find sample content under the Sample Materials tab.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www. jblnavigate. com/2
Features & Benefits
- Updated to reflect the Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Microbiology as recommended by the American Society for Microbiology
- A redesigned format and art package help to simplify difficult concepts
- New Microbiology Animations (embedded in the Navigate eBook) throughout the chapters dynamically explain many core concepts, providing students with an additional tool to master microbiology
- New Chapter Challenges provide stimulating activities to extend students' thinking beyond the basic concepts discussed, developing critical thinking skills
- New Investigating the Microbial World boxes offer actual experiments that require students to apply the process of science, use quantitative reasoning, and evaluate experimental results
- New and revised MicroFocus boxes explore interesting topics applying microbiology and microorganisms to the real world
- New and revised MicroInquiry boxes allow students to interactively investigate a vital concept in the chapter
- New and revised Clinical Cases (formerly Textbook Cases) are embedded in all the chapters to help students understand pathogens through presentation of contemporary human disease scenarios
- Every new printed copy delivers unbeatable value to students with Navigate 2 Advantage Access. Learning and study tools incorporated in Navigate Advantage include, a complete and interactive eBook, practice quizzes, flashcards and glossary, a key image review, interactive animations, an audio glossary of over 1, 000 key terms with pronunciations, research and reference links, answers to the even-numbered end-of-chapter questions, answers to the MicroInquiry questions, and two additional chapters (Applied and Industrial Microbiology and Environmental Microbiology).
- Instructor resources include a sample syllabus, answers to all the questions in the text, an Image Bank, Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format, an Instructor's Manual, and Test Bank
Fundamentals of Microbiology: Body Sytems Edition, Third Edition is written for introductory microbiology courses having an emphasis on the biology of human disease and is organized by body systems. It is geared toward students in health and allied health science curricula such as nursing, dental hygiene, medical assistance, sanitary science, agriculture, environmental science, and health administration. In addition, the text provides a firm foundation for advanced programs in biological sciences, as well as medicine, dentistry, and other health professions.
Sample course titles:
- Introduction to Microbiology (non-majors)
- Microbiology for Allied Health/Nursing
Cărți noi - MICROBIOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 346,50 lei
- 1071,00 lei1260,00 lei (-15%)
- 556,50 lei
- 546,00 lei609,00 lei (-10,34%)
- 1071,00 lei1260,00 lei (-15%)
- Microbiology with Diseases by Body System with Mastering Microbiology, Global Edition, Book with Online Course Access336,00 lei420,00 lei (-20%)