Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease Nutrition Desk Reference
- Written by internationally recognized experts in nutrition from leading medical institutions
- Reviews gut structure and function to help readers understand the management of nutritional disorders through the digestive tract
- Offers a toolbox of key concepts, charts, tables, and algorithms to solve nutritional management problems
- Provides expert guidance on the newest advances in diagnostic testing
- Offers case studies on the role of diet, enteral and parenteral formulations, probiotics, and food and herbal-based supplements
While the gastrointestinal tract ingests, digests, and absorbs nutrients, the liver transforms nutrients, synthesizes plasma proteins, and detoxifies bacteria and toxins absorbed from the gut. It is therefore not surprising that gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases have a major impact on the nutritional state of the individual. Integrating nutrition and the gastrointestinal system, the Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease Nutrition Desk Reference brings together experts in the field of nutrition, gastroenterology, and hepatology to offer dietary, nutritional, and natural therapies for gastrointestinal and hepatic ailments in order to improve overall health.
Providing a review of the digestive tract, liver, and core concepts, this important reference presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Contributors examine the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Of special interest to the practitioner are chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. The reference also addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients and covers eating disorders and ethical issues.
Other key topics include:
- Clinical applications of probiotics
- The impact of micronutrient deficiencies
- Genomic applications for gastrointestinal care
- Drug-drug and drug-nutrient interactions
- Guidelines for performing a nutrition assessment
This comprehensive reference offers a toolbox of key concepts, charts, tables, algorithms, and practical therapeutic strategies for practitioners involved in gastrointestinal and hepatic nutrition care.Dr. Mullin maintains a website discussing the integration of both Eastern and Western (conventional) medicines to help patients overcome their digestive illnesses
Cărți noi - GASTROENTEROLOGY & HEPATOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 262,50 lei294,00 lei (-10,71%)
- 981,75 lei1155,00 lei (-15%)
- 997,50 lei1155,00 lei (-13,64%)