Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry
Based on the understanding that oral health is an important social determinant of health, the latest edition of this internationally recognised handbook equips the reader with necessary skills and knowledge to provide truly integrative patient care.
The text goes beyond the technical skills needed to treat children’s dental disorders. It covers assessment of a child’s health and development, their oral health, the newest clinical interventions, and concepts of dental disease initiation and progression. It guides the reader through the management and communication skills needed to deal with children, and how to support their overall health behaviours.
Written by renowned authors Angus Cameron and Richard P Widmer, this text is an essential companion for all practitioners who treat children, including undergraduate dental students, general dental practitioners, specialist pediatric dentists, orthodontists and pediatricians.
- Emphasis on growth and development to support readers in their important role as pediatric oral physicians.
- Fully reviewed and rewritten to provide the latest thinking on dental caries, restorative pediatric dentistry, children with special needs, oral medicine, trauma, and dental anomalies.
- Readily accessible and written in a friendly ‘how to’ manner for use chairside.
- Full colour illustrations throughout.
- ‘'Clinical Hints’ boxes to act as useful aide-mémoires.