Handbook of Pediatric Orthopaedics
User-friendly pediatric orthopaedic surgery reference distills clinical practice into essential facts!
This third edition of Handbook of Pediatric Orthopaedics by the renowned Paul Sponseller builds on prior editions with recent updates and treatment guidelines on pediatric bone and joint disorders. This compact handbook is a succinct, how-to manual covering a diverse spectrum of pediatric orthopaedic procedures. The book is organized by nine chapters, six of which are dedicated to specific disorder categories. An introductory chapter on anatomy and normal childhood development features norms for osseous and motor development, innervation, growth patterns, predictions, and new guidelines for assessing growth at the pelvis, foot, and hand.
Expanded content on skeletal growth, development, and systemic disorders and skeletal syndromes reflects the latest knowledge, such as imaging parameters, clinical treatment standards, and an algorithm for DDH treatment. Cutting-edge advances in the treatment of cerebral palsy, myelodsplasia, and spinal muscular atrophy are detailed in the chapter dedicated to neuromuscular disorders. Pediatric trauma content includes important updates on forearm and femur fractures, an outlined approach to each fracture, and a diagram showing how to reduce each type of Monteggia fracture.
- A how-to bulleted guide that walks readers through common procedures including blocks, traction, special casts, aspiration, and arthrograms
- Height and weight multipliers, bone age diagrams, a Lenke classification chart, and the most common lab values are handy clinical references for day-to-day practice
- Clear, concise drawings, bulleted text, charts, graphs, and diagrams enhance clinical understanding
This is a must-have orthopaedic surgery manual for orthopaedic residents, fellows, and practitioners who treat childhood musculoskeletal disorders. Its compact size also makes it an ideal lab coat companion for medical students during orthopaedic rotations.
Cărți noi - ORTHOPEDICS
Categorii de carte+-
- 267,75 leiPRP: 315,00 lei
- 1517,25 leiPRP: 1785,00 lei
- 871,50 leiPRP: 1050,00 lei