Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach plus Pearson Mastering Anatomy & Physiology with Pearson eText, Global Edition
For courses in Human Physiology.
This package includes Pearson Mastering A&P.
Move beyond memorization: Prepare students for tomorrow’s challenges
Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach is the #1 best-selling 1-semester human physiology text world-wide. The 8th Edition engages students in developing a deeper understanding of human physiology by guiding them to think critically and equipping them to solve real-world problems. Updates, such as new Try It activities and detailed teaching suggestions in the new Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules, help students learn and apply mapping skills, graphing skills, and data interpretation skills.
The text reflects Dr. Silverthorn’s active learning style of instruction and builds upon the thorough integration of “big picture” themes with up-to-date cellular and molecular physiology topics that have always been the foundation of her approach.
Pearson Mastering A&P features new Interactive Physiology 2. 0 tutorials, new Try It! Coaching Activities, and Phys in Action! Video Tutors, complementing Human Physiology and providing a cohesive learning experience for today’s learners.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Pearson Mastering A&P
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Pearson Mastering A&P should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Please be sure you have the correct ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Table of contents
I. BASIC CELL PROCESSES: INTEGRATION AND COORDINATION
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. Molecular Interactions
3. Compartmentation: Cells and Tissues
4. Energy and Cellular Metabolism
5. Membrane Dynamics
6. Communication, Integration, and Homeostasis
II. HOMEOSTASIS AND CONTROL
7. Introduction to the Endocrine System
8. Neurons: Cellular and Network Properties
9. The Central Nervous System
10. Sensory Physiology
11. Efferent Division: Autonomic and Somatic Motor Control
13. Integrative Physiology I: Control of Body Movement
III. INTEGRATION OF FUNCTION
14. Cardiovascular Physiology
15. Blood Flow and the Control of Blood Pressure
17. Mechanics of Breathing
18. Gas Exchange and Transport
19. The Kidneys
20. Integrative Physiology II: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
IV. METABOLISM, GROWTH, AND AGING
21. The Digestive System
22. Metabolism and Energy Balance
23. Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
24. The Immune System
25. Integrative Physiology III: Exercise
26. Reproduction and Development
Cărți noi - PHYSIOLOGY & PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 294,00 lei
- 241,50 lei
- 232,05 lei273,00 lei (-15%)