Imaging of the Pelvis, Musculoskeletal System, and Special Applications to CAD
- Describes how magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is used to detect pathological diseases of the human body
- Reviews the anatomy and pathological processes of each organ addressed by the text
- Contains high-quality images, detailed examples, and extensive references
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a technique used in biomedical imaging and radiology to visualize internal structures of the body. Because MRI provides excellent contrast between different soft tissues, the technique is especially useful for diagnostic imaging of the brain, muscles, and heart.
In the past 20 years, MRI technology has improved significantly with the introduction of systems up to 7 Tesla (7 T) and with the development of numerous post-processing algorithms such as diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), functional MRI (fMRI), and spectroscopic imaging. From these developments, the diagnostic potentialities of MRI have improved impressively with an exceptional spatial resolution and the possibility of analyzing the morphology and function of several kinds of pathology.
Given these exciting developments, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Handbook: Imaging of the Pelvis, Musculoskeletal System, and Special Applications to CADis a timely addition to the growing body of literature in the field. Offering comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge imaging modalities, this book:
- Discusses MRI of the urinary system, pelvis, spine, soft tissues, lymphatics, and brain
- Explains how MRI can be used in fetal, pediatric, forensic, postmortem, and computer-aided diagnostic (CAD) applications
- Highlights each organ’s anatomy and pathological processes with high-quality images
- Examines the protocols and potentialities of advanced MRI scanners such as 7 T systems
- Includes extensive references at the end of each chapter to enhance further study
Thus, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Handbook: Imaging of the Pelvis, Musculoskeletal System, and Special Applications to CAD provides radiologists and imaging specialists with a valuable, state-of-the-art reference on MRI.
Cărți noi - RADIOLOGY & DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
Categorii de carte+-
- 798,00 lei
- 619,50 lei
- 640,50 lei
- 651,53 lei766,50 lei (-15%)
- 924,00 lei1050,00 lei (-12%)
- 1071,00 lei1260,00 lei (-15%)