Immunology & Serology in Laboratory Medicine
Building on a solid foundation of knowledge and skills this classic text from trusted author Mary Louise Turgeon clearly explains everything from basic immunologic mechanisms and serologic concepts to the theory behind procedures performed in the lab. This go-to resource prepares you for everything from mastering automated techniques to understanding immunoassay instrumentation and disorders of infectious and immunologic origin. Packed with learning objectives review questions step-by-step procedures and case studies this text is the key to your success in today’s modern laboratory environment.
- NEW! Highlights of Immunology chapter presents a clear, accessible, and easy-to-understand introduction to immunology that will help you grasp the complex concepts you need to understand to practice in the clinical lab.
- NEW! Stronger focus on molecular laboratory techniques.
- NEW! Ten chapters include COVID-19 related topics, including Primer on Vaccines chapter covering newer vaccine production methods focusing on DNA and RNA nucleic acids and viral vectors, and covering eight different platforms in use for vaccine research and development against SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- NEW! All chapters include significant updates based on reviewer feedback.
- NEW! Key Concepts interwoven throughout each chapter highlight important facts for more focused learning.