Integrating Nutrition into Practice
- Provides evidence-based guidance on how to integrate nutrition therapies into conventional practice
- Presents information on popular diets such as Paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free, macrobiotic, and anti-inflammatory
- Discusses benefits and possible adverse effects of dietary supplements
- Examines nutrition and integrative therapies for pediatric patients
- Discusses therapies and prevention for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, liver disease, and musculoskeletal disorders
Integrative medicine is an approach to wellness that makes use of both conventional and alternative therapies to achieve optimal health and healing. Nutrition-based therapies are consistently among the highest used alternative therapies to treat a wide variety of illnesses. This book provides consumers and health care professionals with practical guidance on integrating nutrition therapies into disease prevention and management. It provides reliable and accurate information from experts in the nutrition field including dietitians, nutritionists, physicians, researchers, and academic professionals.
Integrative Nutrition Therapy includes up-to-date information on dietary supplements, popular diets, physical activity, and food allergies. The book covers disease prevention for cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. Additional topics include liver/pancreatic conditions and musculoskeletal disorders as well as nutrigenomics, epigenetics, and metabolomics. The book provides evidence-based recommendations for which therapies might be appropriate for various conditions and discusses the possible adverse effects that may develop. It also includes guidelines and suggestions for creating individualized, integrative care plans.
Integrative Nutrition Therapy is organized in a systematic manner that presents the scientific data using an evidence-based, how-to approach. An overview of integrative medicine is written by Dr. Roberta Lee, a leading authority in the field. Award-winning nutrition experts provide practical knowledge for the integrative practitioner, covering topics such as:
- Nutrition screening and assessment
- Search for the optimum diet
- Functional foods and nutritional supplements
- Nutritional recommendations for women’s health
- Health benefits of physical activity
- Diet and mental health
Although unanswered questions still exist, this resource gives you a much-needed guide to the information currently available on nutrition and lifestyle-based therapies.
Cărți noi - NUTRITION
Categorii de carte+-
- 924,00 lei1050,00 lei (-12%)
- Pediatric and Adult Nutrition in Chronic Diseases, Developmental Disabilities, and Hereditary Metabolic Disorders481,95 lei535,50 lei (-10%)
- 359,10 lei399,00 lei (-10%)