Lewin's GENES XII
Molecular Biology. It's All Here.
Preview a chapter and see why this book is the clear choice for your molecular biology course.
Find sample content under the Sample Materials tab.
Long considered the quintessential molecular biology textbook, for decades Lewin's GENES has provided the most modern presentation to this transformative and dynamic science. Now in its twelfth edition, this classic text continues to lead with new information and cutting-edge developments, covering gene structure, sequencing, organization, and expression. Leading scientists provide revisions and updates in their respective areas of study offering readers current research and relevant information on the rapidly changing subjects in molecular biology. No other text offers a broader understanding of this exciting and vital science or does so with higher quality art and illustrations. Lewin's GENES XII continues to be the clear choice for molecular biology and genetics.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook with engaging animations, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www. jblnavigate. com/2
Features & Benefits
- Praised for its organization and comprehensiveness, Lewin's GENES XII covers nearly every aspect of molecular biology and genetics
- NEW - contains expanded coverage of epigenetics and additional research studies and data
- Revised art program offers a stunning interior design with many new figures, some reflecting new developments in the field, particularly in the topics of chromatin structure and function, epigenetics, and regulation by noncoding and microRNAs in eukaryotes
- High-quality illustrations and photographs engage readers and unlock complex topics and molecular processes
- The accompanying Test Bank has been updated and expanded by author Stephen Kilpatrick to include over 1, 000 questions, in addition to the 750 questions and activities that are included in the Navigate 2 study and assessment tools.
- Hand-selected Web Links to relevant websites are available in a list format or as direct links in the Navigate 2 interactive eBook.
- The Key Image Review in Navigate 2 provides the illustrations, photographs, and tables that can be used to enhance existing slides, tests, and quizzes or other classroom material.
Written for the upper-division undergraduate or graduate Molecular Biology and Molecular Genetics courses, offered at the college and university level, within the departments of biology, molecular & cellular biology, and biochemistry.
Part 1 Genes and Chromosomes
Chapter 1 Genes Are DNA and Encode RNAs and Polypeptides
Chapter 2 Methods in Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
Chapter 3 The Interrupted Gene
Chapter 4 The Content of the Genome
Chapter 5 Genome Sequences and Evolution
Chapter 6 Clusters and Repeats
Chapter 7 Chromosomes
Chapter 8 Chromatin
Part 2 DNA Replication and Recombination
Chapter 9 Replication Is Connected to the Cell Cycle
Chapter 10 The Replicon: Initiation of Replication
Chapter 11 DNA Replication
Chapter 12 Extrachromosomal Replicons
Chapter 13 Homologous and Site-Specific Recombination
Chapter 14 Repair Systems
Chapter 15 Transposable Elements and Retroviruses
Chapter 16 Somatic DNA Recombination and Hypermutation in the Immune System
Part 3 Transcription and Posttranscriptional Mechanisms
Chapter 17 Prokaryotic Transcription
Chapter 18 Eukaryotic Transcription
Chapter 19 RNA Splicing and Processing
Chapter 20 mRNA Stability and Localization
Chapter 21 Catalytic RNA
Chapter 22 Translation
Chapter 23 Using the Genetic Code
Part 4 Gene Regulation
Chapter 24 The Operon
Chapter 25 Phage Strategies
Chapter 26 Eukaryotic Transcription Regulation
Chapter 27 Epigenetics I
Chapter 28 Epigenetics II
Chapter 29 Noncoding RNA
Chapter 30 Regulatory RNA
Cărți noi - HISTOLOGY, CELL & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 262,50 lei304,50 lei (-13,79%)
- 367,50 lei
- 1155,00 lei1260,00 lei (-8,33%)