Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, A Worktext
Master the math skills needed to calculate drug dosages safely and accurately! Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, 4th Edition covers the competencies required by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Designed specifically for Pharmacy Technicians, the book includes a review of basic math, conversions between measurement systems, interpretation of drug labels and physicians' orders, and calculation of medications based on a patient's age, body weight, or body surface area. Two basic methods of calculating drug dosages are described: ratio/proportion and dimensional analysis. Simplifying calculation concepts, Elaine Beale’s practical worktext breaks down calculations, provides examples, and contains hundreds of practice problems to help you develop calculation confidence and prepare for a successful career as a Pharmacy Technician.
New to this edition
- NEW! Coverage of compounding medications along with newer products such as biologicals used to treat chronic disease or anticoagulants that are alternatives to warfarin and heparin.
- NEW! Expanded case-based problems with realistic drug labels, simulating practice and allowing realistic application.
- NEW! Appendix of top 200 commonly prescribed medications also available online as a printable document for on-the-job reference.
- More than 1, 800 practice problems to help you achieve skills mastery and speed with calculations, conversions, and measurements.
- Step-by-step examples that follow the written explanation of a calculation to break down complex formulas into more manageable building blocks.
- UNIQUE! Body system icons next to medication names to help you learn to associate drugs with their respective disorders and body systems.
- Chapter pretests and posttests to help you assess your comprehension as well as areas of strength and areas for improvement.
- Learning features including safety alerts to prevent common pharmacy and medication errors, tech notes to highlight important concepts, and application to realistic on-the-job situations.
- Key terms including definitions and are accompanied by a back-of-book glossary for reference.
Cărți noi - PHARMACOLOGY & PHARMACY
Categorii de carte+-
- 926,10 leiPRP: 1029,00 lei
- 299,88 leiPRP: 357,00 lei
- 115,50 lei