Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory
Master the skills you'll need to perform accurate clinical laboratory calculations! Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory, 4th Edition demonstrates the calculations used in the analysis of test specimens. It begins by explaining basic mathematical principles and then covers the types of calculations needed in specific areas of the clinical lab including urinalysis, hematology, and microbiology. Finally, it focuses on the statistical calculations used in quality assurance and quality control. Step-by-step examples reinforce your understanding, and calculation templates and practice problems ensure that you make correct calculations every time.
- Step-by-step examples explain basic mathematical principles and show you exactly how to perform each type of calculation.
- Sample problems with answers can also be used as templates for solving laboratory calculations.
- Practice problems at the end of each chapter provide a self-assessment tool, helping you determine what you need to review.
- Summaries of important formulas are included at the end of the text's major sections.
- Coverage of statistical calculations includes standard deviation, as well as calculations associated with quality assurance and quality control.
- Quick tips and notes make it easier to understand and remember pertinent information.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter provide measurable outcomes to achieve by completing the chapter material.
- Full-color design includes 100 illustrations.
- Useful appendix of Greek symbols provides a quick reference to turn to when studying.
- Glossary at the back of the textbook includes definitions of important mathematical terms.
New to this Edition
- New! Updated content and calculations reflect the latest procedures used in today's laboratories.