- Focuses on practical and applied aspects of medical epigenetics
- Includes peer-reviewed chapters with up-to-date coverage of emerging topics in medical epigenetics by leading experts
- Appeals to those interested in fundamental epigenetics and inheritance, as well as those with more clinical interests including practicing physicians and other health care professionals
- Covers the basic tenets of epigenetics in human systems and progresses through general medical aspects of epigenetics, epigenetics or system disorders, multi-system medical epigenetics, pharmacology of epigenetics, and therapeutic epigenetics
Medical Epigenetics is an inclusive volume on the medical aspects of epigenetics with a focus on human systems, epigenetic disease that affect these systems, and modes of treating epigenetic-based disorders and diseases. This book provides stand-alone coverage of all human systems relevant to epigenetic maladies and all major aspects of medical epigenetics. It is useful not only to physicians, nurses, medical students, and many others directly involved with healthcare, but also investigators in life sciences, biotech companies, graduate students, and all others who are interested in more applied aspects of epigenetics.
The expansion of the field of epigenetics has brought a wealth of information with respect to variations in phenotypes that are heritable. In addition, many advances have emerged that have shown epigenetic aberrations as central to a number of diseases and disorders that were previously thought to be manifested primarily through genetic factors. Along with the remarkable studies that have been made in our understanding of epigenetic-based diseases and disorders has come new information that allows treatments that target these many epigenetic aberrations. Medical Epigenetics brings all of this knowledge together to comprehensively review the state of medical epigenetics in one defining volume.
The basic design of Medical Epigenetics is to lead the reader from the fundamental mechanisms of epigenetics as they apply to humans through approaches for treating epigenetic-based diseases. This book begins with the basic tenets of epigenetics in human systems and progresses through general medical aspects of epigenetics, epigenetics or system disorders, multi-system medical epigenetics, pharmacology of epigenetics, and therapeutic epigenetics. Medical Epigenetics closes with a chapter on future prospects in medical epigenetics. This book is by far the most complete book in the area of applied epigenetics.
Cărți noi - BIOCHEMISTRY
Categorii de carte+-
- 210,00 lei346,50 lei (-39,39%)
- 147,00 lei168,00 lei (-12,5%)
- 367,50 lei