Medicinal Foods as Potential Therapies for Type-2 Diabetes and Associated Diseases
Medicinal Foods as Potential Therapies for Type-2 Diabetes and Associated Diseases: The Chemical and Pharmacological Basis of their Action focuses on active pharmacological principles that modulate diabetes, associated risk factors, complications and the mechanism of action of widely used anti-diabetic herbal plants—rather than just the nutritional composition of certain foods. The book provides up-to-date information on acclaimed antidiabetic super fruits, spices and other food ingredients. Sections cover diabetes and obesity at the global level, the physiological control of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, the pathophysiology of type-2 diabetes, the chemistry and pharmacology of a variety of spices, and much more.
This book will be invaluable for research scientists and students in the medical and pharmaceutical sciences, medicinal chemistry, herbal medicine, drug discovery/development, nutrition science, and for herbal practitioners and those from the nutraceutical and pharm industries.
- Provides background knowledge on type-2 diabetes and its pathophysiology and therapeutic targets down to the molecular level
- Explores, in detail, the chemistry or secondary metabolites of the indicated foods that potentially modify diabetes and/or associated diseases
- Examines the pharmacological findings on medicinal foods, including available clinical trials
Cărți noi - NUTRITION
Categorii de carte+-
- 1890,00 lei2100,00 lei (-10%)
- 1228,50 lei1365,00 lei (-10%)
- 1134,00 lei1260,00 lei (-10%)