Metabolic Medicine and Surgery
- Describes the emerging field of metabolic medicine as well as the role of metabolic surgery and clinical nutrition
- Reviews diseases related to metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, cardiovascular risk factors and provides a detailed approach to obesity management
- Covers the important aspects of post-operative metabolic monitoring of bariatric surgery patients
- Presents metabolic management strategies in chronic disease states including cancer, epilepsy, gastrointestinal disorders, IBD, inflammation, and multiple sclerosis
The first comprehensive overview of an emerging field, Metabolic Medicine and Surgery introduces a new paradigm in patient management that crosses existing subspecialty boundaries. This approach is necessitated by the challenges of treating patients with obesity, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and prediabetes, as well as those with maldigestion, malabsorption, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies. This book teaches physicians and surgeons what they need to know about clinical nutrition, metabolism and the metabolic effects of bariatric surgery. It is also applicable to those in primary care, including physicians, residents, medical students, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants and dietitians who are on the front lines of treating patients with obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
The book is presented in four sections: 1. An Overview of Metabolic Medicine and Surgery; 2. Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Resistance and Obesity; 3. Diseases of Undernutrition and Absorption; 4. A Nutritional Relationship to Neurological Diseases. It contains chapters from world-renowned experts who are widely published in major medical journals. The book also benefits from the contributions of clinicians with extensive experience and perspective in the field, including many who have been witness to its major developments.
This book’s strength lies in the cross-specialty consensus created by the collaboration of the editors and further developed by their renowned contributors. It demonstrates how medicine, surgery, therapeutics, and nutrition can be combined synergistically to impact patient outcomes. It crystallizes the efforts of a multitude of physicians and scientists trying to control the linked pandemics of obesity, type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This book helps you develop comprehensive solutions to diseases afflicting vast numbers of patients worldwide.
Cărți noi - ENDOCRINOLOGY & METABOLISM & DIABETES
Categorii de carte+-
- 346,50 lei388,50 lei (-10,81%)
- 727,65 lei808,50 lei (-10%)
- 997,50 lei1155,00 lei (-13,64%)