Mosby’s® Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests
Understanding and performing tests, interpreting lab results, and performing patient teaching are made easier with Mosby’s® Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, 7th Edition. This one-stop resource provides clear, concise, and consistent coverage of the most commonly performed diagnostic and laboratory tests. Valuable in academic and clinical settings alike, it is beloved for its full-color design, user-friendly organization, and illustrations that help clarify key concepts. Updated content with new tests and images ensures you have the most current and relevant information available.
New to this edition
- NEW! Common Reference Range section on the inside front cover provides quick access to this essential information.
- NEW! More than 25 new tests focus mainly on the areas of blood studies and x-ray studies.
- NEW! Quick Tips for Using this Manual section in the front matter helps you use this manual easily and efficiently.
- UNIQUE! Diagnostic Testing for Most Common Diseases section highlights the integration of medical testing as it relates to a specific disease, clinical syndrome, or medical condition.
- UPDATED! New images throughout the manual reflect the latest developments in the field.
- Comprehensive and consistent presentation of tests follows a sequence that best simulates priorities in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Priorities boxes emphasize priorities and procedure considerations specific to understanding and performing tests.
- UNIQUE! Test Results and Clinical Significance sections describe the significance of the test findings and discuss the pathophysiology of the disease process and how it relates to the test result.
- UNIQUE! Related Tests sections list additional tests related to the main test, including tests that provide similar information, confirmatory information, and other tests used to evaluate the same organ, disease process, or symptom complex.
- UNIQUE! Critical Values sections indicate test values of particular significance.
- UNIQUE! Home Care Responsibilities boxes focus on post-test factors for consideration.
- UNIQUE! Icons indicate drugs that increase or decrease test values and patient teaching priorities.
- Age-Related Concerns boxes address pediatric and geriatric priorities.
- Results are provided in SI units in addition to others, when applicable.