Myocardial Infarction: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Get the tools and knowledge you need for effective diagnosis, evaluation, and management of patients with acute myocardial infarction. Myocardial Infarction: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, by David A. Morrow, MD, is a comprehensive, hands-on resource that provides practical guidance from a name you trust. Concise and easy to use, this text explores the most recent tools for diagnosis and therapeutic decision-making, as well as the full range of available management strategies, providing outcomes data for each strategy. Myocardial Infarction also includes regular updates with late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of important new articles, and the latest guidance on clinical practice, all selected and masterfully edited by Dr. Eugene Braunwald.
- Provides thorough discussions of ECG, established and emerging biochemical markers, angiography, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography, and cardiac MRI and CT.
- Features an extensive treatment section that covers the latest drugs and most recent clinical trials of antiplatelet therapy, coronary revascularization, gene therapy, and approaches to reperfusion injury and ventricular remodeling.
- Discusses special considerations for the evaluation of acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department, and use of advanced technologies in cardiac critical care.
- Covers key topics such as in-hospital complications, cardiogenic shock, transitions to post-discharge care, and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Includes Clinical Practice/Controversy chapters that highlight management-focused, practical topics covering expert approaches for areas of uncertainty.
- Offers guidance on the management of special populations.
- Online content includes animations illustrating key pathobiology, including dynamic thrombosis, platelet adherence-activation-aggregation and adverse ventricular remodeling, as well as management strategies and procedural techniques.
- Regularly updated Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.