Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods in Human Health and Disease Prevention
- Covers inflammation and inflammatory responses and their association with diverse degenerative diseases
- Focuses on the safety and toxicity of supplements and natural antioxidants, including dosage recommendations
- Discusses various roles of functional foods in diseases, including arthritis, cancer, metabolic syndrome, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal conditions, and liver disease
- Presents information on impacts to human health, including environmental pollution and radiation, sleep and food habits, and exercise
- Explores effects of natural supplements in sexual health; dermal, nail, and wound healing; ocular health; and combating baldness
Functional foods and nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, and natural antioxidants have established their potential roles in the protection of human health against disease. Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods in Human Health and Disease Prevention examines the benefits, efficacy, and success of properly designed nutraceuticals and functional foods in human health and their possible application in disease prevention. The book demonstrates diverse disease pathophysiology and how nutraceuticals and functional food can be used to combat and prevent disease.
The book discusses global food habits and trends, safety and toxicology, and how food addiction or overindulgence of food can lead to a variety of disease states. It then highlights how supplements help in disease prevention. Although a significant number of nutraceuticals and functional foods have demonstrated their efficacy, a large number of supplements are still surviving on false claims. Therefore, the editors underscore risks and benefits, and why government regulatory agencies are so critical of these nutraceutical supplements.
With the global nutraceuticals market expected to reach $204. 8 billion by 2017, what once seemed a very niche sector has become big business. An overview of nutraceuticals and functional foods and their application in human health, this book exhaustively covers antioxidants, functional foods, and nutraceuticals in human health and disease prevention. With contributions from experts and pioneers, the book gives insight into the role of functional foods in optimal diet and exercise.
Cărți noi - NUTRITION
Categorii de carte+-
- 585,90 lei651,00 lei (-10%)
- 252,00 lei283,50 lei (-11,11%)
- 840,00 lei945,00 lei (-11,11%)