Nutrition, Diet Therapy, and the Liver
- Provides a one-stop-shop to everything you need to know about nutrition and liver disease
- Explores the latest trends and findings, including new areas of nutrio-hepatic science
- Discusses the holistic role of nutrition and diet as applied to liver disease prevention and reversal
- Covers therapeutic targets, novel agents, and disease treatments
- Describes the role of nutrition and diet in liver pathology
Well-illustrated throughout and with in-depth analyses, Nutrition, Diet Therapy, and the Liver provides a holistic understanding of the causative elements that precipitate liver disease and the nutritional factors and regimens that reverse deteriorating hepatic function. This up-to-date resource also incorporates emerging fields of science and significant discoveries.
With contributions from leading experts of international repute in their respective fields, the book first emphasizes the important role nutrition plays not only in the prevention of liver disease but also in the reversal of liver dysfunction. The second section covers various aspects of alcoholic liver disease (ALD) and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) as well as the consequent steatohepatitis that encompasses the whole spectrum of triglyceride accumulation, inflammation, fibrosis, and end-stage cirrhosis of the liver. The book then focuses on the mounting evidence in support of alcohol abuse, hepatitis viruses, and immune diseases as key predisposing factors in the incidence of hepatocellular carcinomas. The final section evaluates the importance of nutrition in the treatment of liver diseases in infants versus adults, including recovery after liver transplantation.
Cărți noi - NUTRITION
Categorii de carte+-
- 585,90 lei651,00 lei (-10%)
- 252,00 lei283,50 lei (-11,11%)
- 840,00 lei945,00 lei (-11,11%)