Nutritional Care of the Patient with Gastrointestinal Disease
- Discusses diagnosis, management, and treatment of nutritional issues pertaining to gastrointestinal disease
- Organizes chapters that are written by internationally recognized experts into focused topical discussions
- Takes a clinically oriented approach with in vitro and laboratory-based data
- Features a clinical case study in each chapter that provides expert-recommended diagnostic evaluation and therapeutic intervention
- Offers nutritional advice by a dietitian and includes a full chapter on nutritional counseling written by a dietitian
Nutritional management is an integral part of the management for virtually all gastrointestinal diseases. Nutritional Care of the Patient with Gastrointestinal Disease fills a current void in nutritional education by providing a reference for diagnosing and managing common nutritional issues related to gastrointestinal disease. Its separation into focused chapters allows it to be read cover to cover or in selections, making it useful on a need-to-know basis or for more diligent study.
The book presents case studies in each chapter to illustrate the main topic. They include new landmark examinations on the role of nutrition and diet in the management of eosinophilic esophagitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The book also addresses contemporary concerns with the use of probiotics, including their effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) either individually or in combinations in given clinical situations.
This book identifies and satisfies a need for evidence-based clinical knowledge. It provides up-to-date information on nutrition that practitioners need and serves as a guide to recognizing and administering nutritional care and support to patients with gastrointestinal disease. The new and updated information combined with supporting material make this book a necessary resource for study, research, and practice in understanding nutrition’s role in gastrointestinal health.
Categorii de carte+-