- With bullet points, text boxes and colour plates, this handbook is easy to use both in day-to-day patient management and in an emergency
- The tables and equations direct readers to the use of relevant medication and drug dosages
- Fully updated, the new edition presents evidenced based advice on both emergencies and chronic disorders
- Key issues are highlighted with bullet points and boxes to lead the reader through the steps needed to understand and manage patient conditions
- This handbook if useful for paediatric consultants and doctors worldwide at all levels of their training and practice, including the general paediatrician and the specialist nephrologist
- All chapters have been updated using the latest evidence and guidelines.
- To ensure a truly international scope, Professor Punaro from the US has been added to the author team.
- New subsections such as transplantation in exceptional circumstances, gout, neonatal hypertension, and C3 glomerulopathy, have been added.
Paediatric Nephrology benefits from a clear, user-friendly layout, with bullet points and text boxes to highlight key information and colour plates illustrations and photographs. This makes the book a perfect reference for use on-the-go, and easy to navigate during an emergency. The primary focus of the book is investigation and management, but in order to enable a better understanding of conditions such as fluid and electrolytes, it also discusses pathophysiology. Evidence-based recommendations are made where possible, however the authors also provide recommendations informed by their own personal experience and current best practice in areas where high quality evidence is still lacking.
Paediatric Nephrology is useful for paediatric consultants and doctors at all levels of their training, including the general paediatrician and the specialist nephrologist. The book has a global appeal, and presents information that is applicable worldwide.
Table of Contents
1: Patient assessment
2: The neonate
3: Congenital abnormalities of the kidneys and urinary tract (CAKUT)
4: Urinary tract infection
6: Electrolyte and acid base disorders
7: Tubular disorders
8: Renal calculi and nephrocalcinosis
9: Glomerular disease
10: Systemic disease affecting the kidney
12: Infections and the kidney
13: Renal cystic diseases and ciliopathies
14: Renal dysplasia and other manifestations in syndromic diseases
15: Renal tumours
17: Acute kidney injury (AKI)
18: Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
19: PD in ESKD
20: Extracorporeal treatment
22: Drug Prescribing
23: Psychosocial issues