Paediatric Orthopaedics: A System of Decision-Making
- Provides a systematic approach to the topic by defining the problems that need to be addressed when treating a condition and listing treatment options available as well as other factors that need to be taken into consideration
- Emphasizes treatment and evidence-based decision-making throughout
- Features easy-to-read text, highly illustrated with figures, photographs and scans
- Provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage which ensures its value as a key reference for trainees and qualified orthopaedic surgeons
- Written by a team of authors with extensive international experience
Mastering the art and science of paediatric orthopaedics entails the acquisition of theoretical knowledge, the development of surgical dexterity and learning the process of clinical decision-making. Of these three components, clinical decision-making is arguably the most important.
Featuring a practical focus, Paediatric Orthopaedics: A System of Decision-Making provides a guide to managing a wide spectrum of orthopaedic conditions in children. The book provides strategies for determining an optimum management approach to follow in any given situation, thus empowering surgeons to adapt their approach to the needs of individual patients.
The book addresses 73 topics in 9 sections covering the majority of orthopaedic conditions in children. This simplifies both organization and navigation and creates a design that is suitable for reading either in its entirety or for quick reference. Eminent paediatric orthopaedists have pooled their experience and knowledge to provide a logical approach to the evaluation and treatment of both common and some uncommon conditions.
Readers are given insight into decision-making trees where choices are not always made on science alone but governed also by social issues or patient preference. The text has been fully updated and, with the introduction of colour illustrations, is an invaluable tool for all those working in paediatric orthopaedics.
Cărți noi - ORTHOPEDICS
Categorii de carte+-