Pathology for the Health Professions
Pathology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition is the best resource for clear, concise, and clinically relevant information on general pathology. Praised for its stunning collection of pathology images, this engaging, easy-to-understand text covers the most frequently encountered diseases that you need to know to succeed in today’s healthcare environment.
New to this edition
- NEW! Streamlined content is more accessible and easier to read.
- UPDATED! Did You Know? boxes showcase interesting clinical and public health data.
- UPDATED! More than 500 high-quality, full-color images visually reinforce your understanding of disease conditions and general pathology principles.
- UNIQUE! Each major disease is presented in a standardized format called DEPPiCT (Disease description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis), providing a valid and useful didactic approach to study and clinical practice.
- Clear, non-technical writing style makes complex concepts more engaging and easier to understand.
- Learning objectives and review questions help you identify the most important concepts and test your understanding of essential principles.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded at first mention.
- Comprehensive glossary provides easy access to definitions of terms.