Perioperative Medicine in Pediatric Anesthesia
- Provides a comprehensive resource for anesthesiologists, pediatricians, and surgeons
- Explains the care required when performing surgery in different locations and specialties and in children with special conditions
- Includes new topics such as the prevention of chronic postsurgical pain
This book provides a comprehensive overview of current practices in pediatric perioperative care.
Current knowledge on vascular and nonvascular access, regional anesthesia, and noninvasive cardiovascular and respiratory monitoring is described. The prevention and treatment of postoperative pain and unsettled behavior after surgery, as well as the long-term consequences of anesthesia and surgery are discussed. Prevention of chronic postsurgical pain and the brain damage that may be associated with anesthesia and surgery are also considered.
The opening section is dedicated to patient care prior to surgery and includes preoperative assessment and preparation. Care in the intraoperative period is then described, including the appropriate care when performing surgery in different locations and in various specialties, such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, thoracic surgery, and abdominal and urological surgery. The subsequent section addresses perioperative care in children with special conditions, such as difficult airway, metabolic or neuromuscular diseases, or cancer. The remainder of the book is devoted to a range of further important topics and postoperative care
Cărți noi - ANESTHESIOLOGY & PAIN MANAGEMENT
Categorii de carte+-
- 346,50 lei
- 378,00 lei441,00 lei (-14,29%)
- 323,40 lei367,50 lei (-12%)