Plants with Anti-Diabetes Mellitus Properties
- Includes an extensive list of worldwide plants with anti-diabetic potential
- Provides description on the anti-diabetes mellitus properties of more than 1000 plants
- Provides information for the selection of appropriate plants for the development of anti-DM medicines/phytomedicines as well as conventional chemical entity medicines
- Describes anti-DM nutraceuticals with guidelines for the development of food supplements and for formulations of diets appropriate for diabetic patients
The incidence and severity of diabetes mellitus is increasing worldwide, presenting a significant burden to society both in economic terms and overall well-being. Fortunately, time-tested anti-diabetes mellitus plant foods exist that are safe and could be effective in addressing this condition when consumed judiciously with a concomitant change in lifestyle.
Plants with Anti-Diabetes Mellitus Properties presents an exhaustive compilation of the anti-diabetes mellitus activities of more than 1000 plants occurring worldwide. The author provides a brief botanical description, distribution, pharmacological properties, and phytochemicals, where appropriate. A list of traditional medicinal plants used to treat diabetes, but not tested for anti-diabetic activity, is also given.
This unique reference highlights anti-diabetes mellitus plant foods along with a list of the edible parts of plants with anti-diabetes mellitus properties. Anti-diabetes mellitus nutraceuticals are described with guidelines for the development of food supplements and formulations of diets appropriate for diabetic patients. This is a valuable source of information for researchers, students, doctors, diabetic patients, and other individuals wanting to learn more about plant-based treatments for diabetes mellitus.
Categorii de carte+-
- 840,00 lei945,00 lei (-11,11%)
- 105,00 lei262,50 lei (-60%)
- 210,00 lei231,00 lei (-9,09%)