Pocket Tutor Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with ‘on the go’, at a highly-affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate and foundation courses:
- Common presentations
- Investigation options (e. g. ECG, imaging)
- Clinical and patient-orientated skills (e. g. examinations, history-taking)
The highly-structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the ‘fear factor’ associated with day-to-day clinical training, and provides a detailed resource that students and junior doctors can carry in their pocket.
- Highly-affordable price and convenient pocket-size format
- Breaks down a subject that students find complex and daunting, using clear images, concise and informative text, and specific management scenarios
- Logical, building-block approach to content: initial chapter on obesity and causes of diabetes, followed by focus on clinical features and management. Subsequent chapters address the complications of diabetes, including their epidemiology and management
- Additional focus on prevention, psychological strategies, tips for motivating patients
- Up-to-date: includes recommendations by the American Diabetes Association Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2017