Practical Applications of Intravenous Fluids in Surgical Patients
Fluid therapy is one of the most basic interventions spanning across all medical and surgical disciplines. Physicians need to understand the physiology of fluids and electrolytes before they can evaluate the extent to which disease pathophysiology has altered the balance, enabling them to determine the type and quantity of intravenous fluids required for treatment.
This new edition is a practical guide to intravenous fluids and their administration to surgical patients.
Divided into sixteen sections, the text begins with an overview of normal water balance and distribution of body fluid.
The next sections cover the pharmacology of different types of intravenous fluid, followed by discussion on fluid therapy in different medical circumstances, and concluding with a chapter on fluid calculation.
The second edition has been fully revised to provide the latest information in the field, and features new topics including fluid choice in the perioperative period and surgery and stress response.
- Fully revised, new edition presenting latest information on intravenous fluids in surgery
- Discusses different types of fluid and their application in different circumstances
- Second edition includes several new topics
- Previous edition (9789350903957) published in 2013
Cărți noi - ANESTHESIOLOGY & PAIN MANAGEMENT
Categorii de carte+-
- 500,85 lei556,50 lei (-10%)
- 252,00 lei283,50 lei (-11,11%)
- 669,38 lei787,50 lei (-15%)