Principles of Cell Biology
A Practical and Student-Friendly Approach to Cell Biology
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources (available to adopting instructors with Course ID), and learning analytics reporting tools (available to adopting instructors with Course ID).
Click Here to download an informational flyer outlining the many outstanding teaching & learning resources integrated in Navigate 2.
Written for undergraduate cell biology courses, Principles of Cell Biology, Second Edition provides students with the formula for understanding the fundamental concepts of cell biology. This practical text focuses on the underlying principles that illustrate both how cells function as well as how we study them. It identifies 10 specific principles of cell biology and devotes a separate chapter to illustrate each. The result is a shift away from the traditional focus on technical details and towards a more integrative view of cellular activity that is flexible and can be tailored to suit students with a broad range of backgrounds.
The Second Edition features a fully revised art program with new full-color images and illustrations that simplify key concepts and cell function. Concept Check questions at the end of each section along with new end-of-chapter questions assess student comprehension, ensuring retention of key cell biology principles. An informal, narrative writing style makes even the most complex concepts accessible to students new to the scientific field, making Principles of Cell Biology the clear choice for anyone studying the fascinating field of cell biology.
Preview a sample chapter and the front matter including, the complete table of contents and The Student Experience, and see why this book is the clear choice for an introductory cell biology course. Find sample content under the Sample Materials tab.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www. jblnavigate. com/2
Features & Benefits
- Breaks cell biology down into 10 easy-to-understand principles
- Extensive use of art and imagery illuminates key concepts and cell function in a clear and accessible manner for undergraduates
- New thought-provoking end-of-chapter questions assess students’ retention of core concepts. The answers are provided in the back of the book, providing students with a complete learning and study solution.
- Each section opens with a list of key concepts and concludes with a Concept Check question, with answers provided in the back of the book, to help guide readers' focus and ensure comprehension of section material.
- Helpful boxes throughout every chapter provide study tips, clarification of apparent contradictions, explanations of naming schemes, FAQ, and more
Written for the college-level Cell Biology course offered at the Freshman/Sophomore level.
Chapter 1 What Is a Cell?
Chapter 2 Nucleic Acids
Chapter 3 Proteins and Polypeptides
Chapter 4 Phospholipids and Membrane Structure
Chapter 5 The Cytoskeleton and Cellular Architecture
Chapter 6 The Extracellular Matrix and Cell Junctions
Chapter 7 The Nucleus and DNA Replication
Chapter 8 Protein Synthesis and Sorting
Chapter 9 The Endomembrane System and Membrane Trafficking
Chapter 10 Cellular Metabolism and Energy Storage
Chapter 11 Signal Transduction and Cellular Communication
Chapter 12 Control of Gene Expression
Chapter 13 The Birth and Death of Cells
Chapter 14 Tissues
Cărți noi - HISTOLOGY, CELL & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Categorii de carte+-
- 262,50 lei304,50 lei (-13,79%)
- 367,50 lei
- 1155,00 lei1260,00 lei (-8,33%)