Reading EEGs: A Practical Approach
Focusing on stepwise development of concepts, pattern recognition and integration with clinical practice, Reading EEGs: A Practical Approach, 2nd Edition, is an easy-to-use, readable guide to learning EEG for neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology fellows, and electroneurodiagnostic students and technologists. The emphasis on waveform recognition enables readers to interpret EEG findings accurately and place them in clinical context. The new landscape format accommodates larger high-quality images for improved study, and the distinctive question-and-answer format is highly effective for review at all levels of training.
- Presents concepts of pattern recognition in a sequential, logical fashion based on appearance rather than disease process.
- Covers simple, intermediate, and advanced topics in EEG, epilepsy, and neurophysiology.
- Includes several new chapters, including:
- The pathophysiology of epileptiform activity covering the neuroscience of seizure generation and the origins of pathological waveforms,
- Separate chapters on subdural and stereotactic EEG recording,
- Updated discussions of seizure semiology based on new terminology,
- New chapters on epilepsy genetics and non-epileptic events.
- Features expanded coverage of high density EEG, seizure detection methods, magnetoencephalography and intraoperative monitoring.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Cărți noi - NEUROLOGY