Rowan's Primer of EEG
Practical, brief, and easy to understand, Rowan's Primer of EEG, 3rd Edition, teaches the difficult technical aspects of how to perform and interpret EEGs. Direct, concise text, numerousillustrations and teaching points, and an extensive video library make this up-to-date reference a valuable resource for students, residents, neurologists, and epileptologists alike.
- Features a vibrant, full-color design and brief, to-the-point text from experts in the field.
- Discusses advances in the field such as intracranial EEG and quantitative EEG in the ICU.
- Includes dozens of videos detailing clinical descriptions of seizures and EEG interpretation, both with and without annotations, so you can practice reading EEGs firsthand and then learn from the annotations.
- Offers enhanced coverage of epilepsy syndromes with a quick-access chart highlighting age of onset, prognosis, clinical characteristics, and EEG characteristics.
- Contains pediatric content and a concise chart of the EEG changes throughout the neonatal period.
- Provides self-assessment questions and answers online for each chapter.
- Uses the recently updated nomenclature from the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) and American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.