Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management
- 18 brand new chapters on topics ranging from perioperative blood works and urine analysis to light therapy in pain management and rehabilitation
- Includes 9 new chapters on anaesthetic considerations for different surgeries
- Contains over 300 color illustrations
- Clinically oriented, based on experience underpinned by published research data
This concise quick reference guide has been thoroughly updated in its second edition. It remains clinically focused, based on experience underpinned by published research data.
The book covers anesthetic equipment, monitoring, premedication, intravenous induction agents, injectable anesthetic combinations, inhalant anesthesia, anesthesia for specific diseases, fluid therapy, anesthetic emergencies and complications, acute and chronic pain management. Drug dosages and anesthetic protocols are provided in tabular form. New to this edition are 18 new chapters covering anesthesia considerations for specific conditions and diseases, including
- perioperative blood works and urine analysis
- blood transfusion medicine
- anesthetic considerations and interpretations
- rehabilitation and pain management for chronic pain patients
- pain management of oncologic pain and radiation therapy
- acupuncture and herbal medication for acute and chronic pain and
- low level light therapy in pain management.
Contaiing over 300 color illustrations, Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management is ideal for all those who need practical information easily to hand: small animal practitioners, veterinary technicians/nurses, and veterinary students.
Table of Contents
1 Equipment for inhalant anesthesia. 2 Perioperative blood work and urine analysis. 3 Preanesthetic medication: drugs and dosages. 4 Intravenous injection techniques and intravenous anesthetic agents. 5 Inhalant anesthetic agents. 6 Anesthesia monitoring and management. 7 Fluid therapy. 8 Blood components and transfusion therapy. 9 Injectable sedative and anesthesia–analgesia combinations in dogs and cats. 10 Anesthetic considerations for specific diseases. 11 Airway management and ventilation. 12 Anesthetic considerations for patients requiring upper airway surgery and patients requiring thoracic surgery. 13 Anesthetic donsiderations for upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. 14 Anesthetic considerations for minimally invasive surgical procedures. 15 Anesthetic considerations for neurologic patients. 16 Anesthetic considerations for ophthalmic surgeries. 17 Anesthesia and sedation for radiography, ultrasound, CT, and MRI patients. 18 Anesthetic considerations for orthopedic surgical patients. 19 Anesthetic considerations for dental and oral-facial surgeries. 20 Analgesia and sedation of emergency/intensive care unit patients. 21 Anesthetic emergencies and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. 22 Perioperative cardiac arrhythmias and treatments. 23 Local anesthetic agents and anesthetic techniques. 24 Acute pain management. 25 Photobiomodulation therapy in pain management. 26 Management of neuropathic pain in dogs and cats. 27 Oncologic pain management and radiation therapy. 28 Chronic pain management for osteoarthritis in dogs and cats. 29 Acupuncture and Chinese medicine for pain management in dogs and cats. 30 Rehabilitation and pain management for veterinary patients. 31 Anesthesia in shelter medicine and high-volume/high-quality spay and neuter programs. 32 Euthanasia. Appendix Anesthetic dosage reference ranges. Index.
Cărți noi - VETERINARY MEDICINE
Categorii de carte+-
- 304,50 lei336,00 lei (-9,38%)
- 556,50 lei609,00 lei (-8,62%)
- 945,00 lei1050,00 lei (-10%)