Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE): Surgical Technique and Challenges
Small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) is a relatively new refractive procedure designed to treat a multitude of refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia, and astigmatism. The procedure involves using a femtosecond laser to create a corneal lenticule which is extracted whole through a small incision without the use of a traditional excrimer laser. It is a painless procedure and is reported to achieve excellent post-operative outcomes (American Academy of Ophthalmology).
This book is a complete guide to the new technique of SMILE surgery providing refractive surgeons with an overview of surgical procedure, refractive and physiological outcomes, complications and their management, and future applications.
Beginning with an introduction to the history and development of femtosecond lasers, the next chapters discuss patient selection and the principles of the technique. The following sections cover outcomes, complications, and offer a comparison between SMILE and Femtosecond LASIK.
The book features an interactive DVD ROM offering step by step guidance on surgical technique, and is highly illustrated with self-explanatory diagrams, clinical photographs and ASOCT images.
- Complete guide to SMILE techniques for refractive surgeons
- Step by step guide to surgical procedure, outcomes, complications and future applications
- Includes interactive DVD ROM demonstrating surgical techniques
- Highly illustrated with diagrams, photographs and ASOCT images
Cărți noi - OPHTHALMOLOGY & OPTOMETRY
Categorii de carte+-
- 7654,50 lei8505,00 lei (-10%)
- 577,50 lei672,00 lei (-14,06%)
- 189,00 lei210,00 lei (-10%)