Synopsis of Hand Surgery
Fundamentals of hand surgery in a compact high-yield resource!
Hand surgery emerged as a specialty due to advances in treatment of hand injuries incurred during World War II. Synopsis of Hand Surgery by distinguished hand surgeon Dawn LaPorte reflects the approach championed by the late American surgeons Sterling Bunnell and Norman Kirk: multidisciplinary care is key to optimal treatment of bone and soft tissue conditions in the hand and wrist. The book features contributions from an impressive group of hand and upper extremity surgeons and radiologists.
Anatomy, surgical approaches, clinical exams, radiographic anatomy, advanced imaging, and electrodynamic studies are introduced in the first five chapters and emphasized throughout, providing a solid foundation. Twenty condition-specific chapters cover a wide array of hand disorders including fractures, arthritis, tendinitis, tendinosis, and injuries, as well as less common pathologies such as Kienbock's Disease, compartment syndrome, tumors, and congenital conditions. The final chapter discusses hand fractures in children.
- Insightful guidance on necessary evaluation and tests enables accurate diagnosis of common and uncommon hand injuries and conditions
- Firsthand recommendations on conservative to operative treatment options enhance the ability to achieve optimal results
- Richly illustrated chapters in an easy-to-read bulleted format augment learning and retention of knowledge
This compact book provides a go-to reference for medical students, junior residents in orthopedic and plastic surgery, as well as emergency medicine, family practice, internal medicine, and pediatric physicians.
Cărți noi - ORTHOPEDICS
Categorii de carte+-
- 267,75 leiPRP: 315,00 lei
- 1517,25 leiPRP: 1785,00 lei
- 871,50 leiPRP: 1050,00 lei