Talley and O'Connor's Clinical Examination - 2-Volume Set
Talley and O’Connor’s Clinical Examination addresses the core principles and clinical skills that underpin diagnosis for safe, effective medical practice.
The text takes an evidence-based, patient-centric approach to conducting a clinical examination. In Volume 1, readers follow a logical framework ordered by body system, covering history taking, clinical examination and correlation between physical signs and disease for each system. Volume 2 focuses on medical specialties.
Originally written by Nicholas J Talley and Simon O’Connor during their registrar years, this book is uniquely targeted to students undertaking their MD or MBBS and is fully updated with the latest clinical data, including specially commissioned research.
New to this edition
- Expanded history taking sections
- Increased OSCE content
- New clinical photographs
- OSCE-based scenario videos and multiple-choice questions to assist with examination preparation
- Imaging library and ECG case studies for deep understanding
- History questions suggesting urgent or important diagnosis specially marked
- Differential diagnosis tables to support history taking
- Evidence-based medicine references throughout
- An eBook included in all print purchases