Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography 2-Volume Set
Master sonographic examination protocols and techniques! The market-leading ultrasound text and reference, Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 9th Edition provides an in-depth understanding of general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic sonography. More than 3, 100 ultrasound images and full-color anatomy illustrations help you recognize normal anatomy and abnormal pathology. Organized primarily by body system, coverage includes vascular sonography and echocardiography, and in the obstetrics section features a chronologic, trimester approach to ultrasound during pregnancy. Written by expert medical sonography educator and clinician Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, this resource serves as ideal preparation for board exams and as a reference for practitioners in many different clinical settings.
- Comprehensive coverage includes sections on the foundations of ultrasound imaging and patient care, the abdomen, superficial structures of the body, pediatrics, the thoracic cavity and echocardiography, cerebrovascular evaluation, gynecology, and obstetrics.
- More than 3, 100 images and full-color illustrations include high-resolution ultrasound pictures, detailed line drawings with need-to-know anatomic information, color photographs of gross pathology, and color Doppler illustrations.
- Key Terms open each chapter, focusing your attention on the vocabulary that you are required to know and understand.
- Key Pearls highlight the important concepts in each chapter.
- Pathology tables summarize clinical findings, laboratory findings, sonographic findings, and differential considerations.
- Sonographic Findings icon makes it easy to locate clinical information on particular pathologic conditions.
- Imaging information in each chapter includes normal anatomy, normal physiology, laboratory data and values, pathology, sonographic evaluation of an organ, pitfalls in sonography, clinical findings, and differential considerations.
- Condensed bibliography at the end of each chapter lists essential references for further research and study.
- Resources on the Evolve website include review questions for students and PowerPoint® slides, an image collection, and a test bank with 1, 625 questions for instructors.