Now featuring a fresh new design, the latest guidelines, the most recent information on disease and nutritional conditions, and all-new online resources, this affordable 2nd Edition of The Essential Pocket Guide for Clinical Nutrition
is a quick-access resource ideal for dietitians, students, interns, and other health professionals who are actively engaged in clinical nutrition.
Pocket-sized and spiral bound for ease of use, this essential quick-reference resource offers immediate, need-to-know information on nutritional assessment, life stage assessment, and nutrition support, as well as nutrition considerations for specific diseases/conditions—bariatric surgery, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, liver and pancreatic diseases, renal diseases, and pulmonary diseases.
- New ADIME-at-a-Glance boxes added to each chapter include sample ADIME notes and PES statements.
- Journal Access: A Nutrition Today trial subscription is available with the purchase of a new book.
- 24/7 flexible access to all book content is available online at thePoint. com or via the VST eBook that accompanies the 2nd Edition.
- Each chapter’s uniform format includes sections on disease process, treatment and nutritional intervention, and patient education.
- A new chapter on Bariatric Surgery provides the latest evidence-based information.
- A fresh new design facilitates quick reference and table identification.
- An expanded “Nutrition-Focused Physical Exam” section in the Assessment chapter covers the latest best practices.
- The latest nutritional guidelines are included, including new Malnutrition Guidelines, updated Pregnancy Guidelines on weight gain, updated Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines, and updated Diabetes Guidelines.
- The Nestlé Mini Assessment (MNA®), a validated screening tool that can identify geriatric patients age 65 and above who are malnourished or at risk of malnutrition, now appears in the Older Adult chapter.
- Quick Reference Tables in each chapter make essential information easy to locate.
- Useful Appendices include food-drug interactions, laboratory assessment, new tables on essential minerals, dietary supplements, and the Dietary Reference Intakes, and reference materials.